Diane S. Conant, CPA
Phone 702-221-6300 ext. 217
Email Loading Email...
Diane S. Conant is a partner of the firm Conant, Nelson & Conant, Ltd., CPA's in Las Vegas, Nevada. She directs all auditing, accounting, and quality control functions within the firm and conducts numerous quality and peer reviews. She received her Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration, majoring in accounting from Cleveland State University.
Ms. Conant has served as Trustee and Chairman of Nevada CPA Foundation for Education and Research, a member of the UNLV Accounting Advisory Council, NASBA's CPA Examination Review Board and NASBA's Critique Program Task Force. She also served as a member and President of the Nevada State Board of Accountancy, and as a member of the Board of Directors and Treasurer of the Nevada Society of CPA's. Ms. Conant has served as a member of the AICPA Audit Committee, Finance Committee, Effective Legislation Committee, and the Board of Directors of the AICPA.
Diane has served as Chairman of both the Nevada Society Peer Review Committee and the AICPA Peer Review Board. She was extensively involved in developing the amended peer review standards issued in November 1993 and is a contributing author to the Guide to Quality Control. She serves on the PCPS Task Force on Adding Value to the Peer Review Process and is a technical reviewer for peer review services performed in Wyoming, Nebraska, Utah and Nevada.
Diane has been appointed a Chairman of the Accounting and Review Services Committee, a senior technical committee of the AICPA. She is a highly rated discussion leader for AICPA conferences and training sessions on issues relating to peer review and accounting and review services.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration, majoring in accounting (Cum Laude), Cleveland State University, Cleveland, Ohio (1975)
- Continuing Professional Education at a minimum of 120 hours for every three years of experience including 24 hours of continuing education directly related to governmental accounting and auditing
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and Nevada Society of CPA's
- Appointed to serve as a Member of the Continuing Professional Education, Executive Committee of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants for 1986 - 1989
- Appointed by Governor Bryan to serve as a Member of the Nevada State Board of Accountancy, a regulatory agency for accountants in the state for 10/31/84 - 10/31/87, reappointed for 10/31/87 - 10/31/90
- President, Nevada State Board of Accountancy of 7/1/89 - 10/31/90
- Past Trustee and Chairman of the Nevada CPA Foundation for Education and Research
- Member of National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) since 1984
- Member of NASBA CPA Examination Review Board (1988 - 1991)
- Member of NASBA Critique Program Task Force (1992 - 1993)
- Past Member UNLV Accounting Advisory Council (1990 - 1992)
- Past Chairman of Nevada State Society of CPA's Quality Review Committee (1989 - 1993)
- Chairman of American Institute of CPA's Quality Review Executive Committee (1990 - 1993)
- Member of the Board of Directors, Nevada Society of CPA's (1993 - 1995)
- Member of the Board of Directors, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (1993 - 1996)
- Chair AICPA Accounting and Review Services Committee
- Technical Reviewer, AICPA Peer Review Program for the states of Nevada, Nebraska, Wyoming, and Utah